Applications open from February 12-June 12, 2019
Start-up Visa Program applications are now open!
About Start-up Visa Program (SUV)
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that are innovative, can create jobs for Canadians and compete on a global scale. Canada’s Start-up Visa (SUV) Program is intended to attract foreign entrepreneurs who wish to establish new, scalable businesses in Canada, which will support innovation and job creation.
Program Duration: 1 Year
Program Fee: CAD $18,000
Immigration Guide: Access Here
Application ProcessThe SUV program is driven by the endorsement of a designated entity and focusses on high-quality. Prospective applicants must be ready to provide detailed information regarding the potential viability of their business venture including a formal business plan, financial and legal documents and any other relevant information that a designated entity may require to issue a Commitment Certificate accompanied by a Letter of Support.
- Shareholders Agreement
Due Diligence Report:
- 1Customers and Suppliers
- Material contracts
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate Financing
- Employees and Benefit Plans
- Management Team
Program Features: 24/7 Office Space, Mentor Interventions, Access to Capital, Network/Events, Business Services, Partner Services
Tips for Start-up Visa Applicants
The proposed business should:
- Demonstrate potential viability from both a financial & market perspective
- Incorporate in Ontario after acceptance into the SUV program.
- Access to sufficient working capital to meet the initial needs in the market.
- Clearly articulate the market opportunity for your product/service.
- Demonstrate early technology validation and/or customer traction.
The applicants must:
- Have relevant education, experience and expertise for the business.
- Effectively communicate and work in English or French language.
- Meet the SUV program requirements established by the Government of Canada.
- Hold at least 50% of the voting rights in the proposed venture for the application.
- Be active members of the business with at least 10% voting rights each.