#NoEmptyPlates World Vision Challenge
The World Vision Social Innovation Challenge is an entrepreneurship competition for students and recent graduates that will support some of Canada’s most brilliant minds in creating market based solutions to some of the world’s most difficult development challenges.
The Social Innovation Challenge will provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to develop their business ideas through providing ideation support, incubation through technical advisory services, seed capital, and the expertise of World Vision Canada to market test their solutions.
The World Vision Social Innovation Challenge (the “Competition“) is sponsored by World Vision Canada (“WVC“) and is a student entrepreneurship challenge that aims to support some of Canada’s most brilliant minds in creating market-based solutions to some of the world’s most difficult development challenges.
This is a two-round Competition that will allow teams of 2 to 5 people (each a “Team“) to demonstrate market-based solutions to some of the world’s most difficult development challenges that will be faced over the next 5 to 10 years, regarding Food Security and Nutrition.
By participating in this Competition, every Team and member accepts these Rules and agrees to abide by and be bound by them.
Who is eligible to participate?
The competition is open to everyone, regardless of religion. To submit an Entry for the Competition and be eligible to win a Prize, all team members must, at the date of Entry, be:
- A legal resident of any Canadian province or territory
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older; and
- Full-time or part-time student (at any level), or recent graduate (up to 2 years) who is registered at or attended a university, college or high school in any Canadian Province or Territory
- Teams must:
after the Preliminary Round Close Date, not add, remove, or replace any Team members;
- appoint a Team leader who will be the point-of-contact with WVC; and
- if a registered business, charity, non-profit organization, or social enterprise:
- not have received prior investment of more than $10,000;
- not have been in operation for more than 3 years; and
- bear the same name as that of such entity and shall not change its name during the course of the Competition.
The Competition is not open to employees of WVC, its affiliated organizations, advertising or promotional agencies or media partners, or members of the household of such employees.
See additional details about this in the Competition Rules and Regulations.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IDEA: APRIL 20, 2018
Learn more about this amazing contest here!
*If you are interested in participating in this challenge but cannot find a team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to pair you with others.*