- This event has passed.
YCEO Program – Business In The Streets
October 14, 2018
WHAT IS YCEO?
Do you have a business idea but aren’t quite sure where to start or whether it’s worth pursuing? Then YCEO is the right program for you. YCEO will help you to understand what it means to be an entrepreneur and what to do in order to validate your idea. Through the program, you will receive:
- Relevant and hands-on business training materials and tools
- Peer mentorship for your specific business idea
- Guidance on how to present your idea to business owners, guest speakers, and pitch competition judging panels
- An ‘in-the-streets’ walkthrough that will give you a first-hand look into the art of doing business
- A chance to win a $500 business grant
- A chance to receive up to $1,000 towards professional development
Y.C.E.O will take place over 8 Saturdays, running from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m from October 13th to December 1st.
The first session will be October 13th, and will take place from 2 p.m until 5 p.m.
The remaining sessions will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The pitch event will take place the week of December 3rd.
Full attendance is mandatory.
WHAT OTHERS SAY:
“I have learned so much from YCEO. It has pushed me to become the business owner that I have always wanted to become. It has taught me not to give up or be scared to do something just because you have never done it before.” – Sumayyah, BITS YCEO participant, 2017
“This program was amazing and really helped me to take the push I needed to make my business a reality. The instructor and the mentors were awesome and really knew what they were talking about!” – Julia, BITS YCEO participant, 2017
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR YOU?
You are perfect match for the program if you:
Are between 18 and 34 years old
Are a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident living in the GTA
Have a business idea that you would like to develop
Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are under- or unemployed
- You are a permanent resident in Canada for not more than five years
- You earn less than $30,000 per year
- You live within any of the City of Toronto’s Neighbourhood Improvement Areas