World Financial Group Emerging Menswear Designer Award Spring 2018 (Date To Be Confirmed)
April 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Giving Canadian menswear designers a national and global platform to showcase their ready to wear menswear collections.
TOM* is pleased to present the WFG Emerging Menswear Designer Award (WFG|EMDA). An annual national competition to find the best new talent in menswear. This initiative is aimed at promoting home grown Canadian design talent and to inspire young designers to specialize in menswear.
WFG Emerging Menswear Designer Award is proud to be a partner of TFI, the world’s first fashion incubator. TFI plays an essential role in the growth and promotion of the Canadian fashion community by helping creative entrepreneurs develop the business and professional skills they need to thrive and survive.
Applicants will provide a portfolio style application along with administrative requirements for consideration. Five selected finalists will compete while presenting 12 looks from their SS18 collection at the closing TOM* Fashion Show on Sunday, October 1, 2017.
The Winner will be selected from the finalists by a distinguished panel of judges.
The SPRING SUMMER 2018 WFG | EMDA Winner will be awarded:
- $10,000.00 CDN
- Lookbook Package from Bridge Fashion Marketing ($5,000.00 CDN Value)
- Photography – 1 full day in studio or on location set
- Styling – from within collection / outside pulling and creative direction for overall feel
- Casting – of models/model for look book (potential placement of TOM* Model of the year)
- Editing – retouching of all images, to be provided to winner in digital format with future usage rights included
- Assembly of digital copy – layout direction & copywriting included
- Mentorship throughout process – access to agency director art/creative direction throughout the whole process.
- A one-year membership at TFI Toronto Fashion Incubator
- Mentoring from Industry Leaders
- Primetime runway show at TOM* FW 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: To Be Confirmed
Interested? Learn more here!