- This event has passed.
Women Founders Fund
August 31, 2018
INVESTING IN WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS
Although women in Canada now represent 47 percent of Canadian business owners and contribute $148 billion in economic activity, they continuously face barriers to accessing capital to start and scale their businesses. This gap is particularly exposed when looking at female entrepreneurs in STEM fields.
Entrepreneurship is a catalyst for economic growth in many countries. Equally as important is the critical role that women play in the growth of an economy.
Startup Canada has partnered with Evolocity Financial Group to invest in women-led companies in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) through the Startup Canada Women Founders Fund, providing micro-grants to women entrepreneurs and women-led companies in Canada to help them start and grow their businesses while accelerating gender parity and further unleash the economic potential of women.
- Applicants must be women entrepreneurs or women-led businesses.
- Applicants must be in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) field.
- Applicants must be based in Canada.
- Funds must be used to support business operations or access to business or professional growth opportunities.
- $1,000 to $5,000 grants to support business operations or business growth opportunities.
- Featured on StartupNews.ca and a guest-spot on THRIVE Podcast for Women Entrepreneurs.
- VIP Pass and Program at Startup Canada Day on the Hill on October 18th in Ottawa.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: August 31, 2018