- This event has passed.
GBC Centre for Business Women’s Entrepreneur Panel
October 24 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
IN COLLABORATION WITH
Be sure to be part of the conversation by following #GBCWEW
Come listen, engage and learn from 6 amazing women entrepreneurs as they discuss their personal journeys and help to empower you to move forward on your entrepreneurial discovery.
Doina Oncel – Founder & CEO, hEr VOLUTION, an award-winning non-profit organisation assisting young women from diverse backgrounds to access education and employment opportunities in Canada with a focus on creating more women in STEM. An amazing George Brown College Alumni who wants to empower GBC students.
Carrie Bois – COO, C+B Consulting, Tech Executive & Start-up Mentor – Helping founders activate and scale their vision.
Stephanie Bowman – Board Member, Bank of Canada & Career Mentor
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – NETWORKING – Be early as the most valuable piece of being an entrepreneur is the networking – Light refreshments served.
9:00 a.m. – 9:10 a.m. – Welcome Address by Anne Sado, President, George Brown College.
9:10 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. – Women Entrepreneur Statistics
9:20 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. – Panel Discussion
10:20 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – Networking Break
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Table Discussions – 20-minute sessions on each table on a rotation basis to gain knowledge from each of the panel speakers.
- Table 1 – Personal Brand – Making lasting first impressions and building your personal brand.
- Table 2 – Challenges of Getting Financed – How to present yourself to secure funding and finance.
- Table 3 – Wellpreneur – Maintaining entrepreneur wellness and achieving work/life balance.
- Table 4 – Women Entrepreneur Traits – Valuing-self, resilience and trust.
- Table 5 – Barriers to Women Entrepreneurs – Challenging systemic perceptions in understanding the various paths to entrepreneurship.
- Table 6 – The Power of Building a Network – You’re not alone, ways to develop support that helps create success.
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Event Reflections
REGISTRATION REQUIRED – EVENT NOW FULL