- This event has passed.
How to Start a Food Business
June 11 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm$25
Got an idea about starting a food business? Want to learn before you “venture” into a food business? Looking to find out how to search for a licensed industrial kitchen that can help get your venture off the ground? Or just got a delicious recipe you eventually want to cook up into a money making business?
Then be sure to attend this valuable seminar on how to get started. You will hear from Michael Wolfson, City of Toronto Economic Development & Culture’s Food & Beverage Sector Specialist about:
- How to set up the structure of your business
- What is required to set up a food manufacturing entity
- How to brand your identity
- How to cost out your pricing proposition
- Where to go to get additional help in getting your business off the ground.
You will also hear directly from a food service expert about the paths and pitfalls of setting up a new restaurant, café, or catering operation, such as:
- How to find the right location
- What costs to consider before venturing into a location
- Picking the right theme and venue for your operation
- What is the best way of entering into the food service sector
And finally you will hear from a Food Starter representative who will provide insights on how to develop and take a food product to market, as well as share details about how Food Starter – Ontario’s only food processing incubator – can assist you with building a successful food processing business. You will learn:
- How to apply to the program
- Equipment available within the facility
- Programming and assistance that is available for clients
- Others services that are available to help early stage food companies
If you want to find out the do’s and don’ts of starting a successful food business, don’t miss this event.