- New to Canada?
- Looking to start a business?
- Want to learn about start-ups and hear from start-up experts?
- Need guidance to develop your vision and business plan?
- This event has passed.
Newcomer Entrepreneurship Hub
Let us help you get started!
The Newcomer Entrepreneurship Hub focuses on the entrepreneurial spirit of newcomers and assists in breaking down barriers by helping them to successfully establish a business and/or obtain employment. Additionally, the Entrepreneurship Hub (eHub) is available to all participants as a free co-working space for start-ups that require the space to establish and/or work on their businesses.
Why join the program?
The Newcomer Entrepreneur Hub is an accessible program that uses a holistic training approach combining in-class curriculum, off-site trips, speakers and workshops. It is a pre-incubator for newcomers who want to turn their ideas into start-up businesses!
Our instructor-led (in class and in the community) training and workshops include:
- Business ideation
- Choosing the right business structure
- Legal and accounting frameworks
- Creating a business plan
- Crafting your mission and vision
- Marketing/branding for your business
- Developing a financial model
- Human resources for small businesses
- Best practices for pitching
The Newcomer Entrepreneurship Hub at Skills for Change is a FREE program and is funded by Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada.
Tuesday, April 9
2 pm – 3 pm – Register now >
6 pm – 7 pm – Register now >
To learn more about the Newcomer Entrepreneurship Program, please click here to email our program specialists or call 416-658-3101