- This event has passed.
MaRs Canadian Innovation In Sustainable Textile and Apparel Pitch Competition
July 30, 2018
Are you an early stage Canadian company that’s trying to reduce the environmental impact of the textile and/or apparel industries?
Pitch your business and you could win:
- $10,000 Cdn in prize money
- Advisory services from MaRS Catalyst Fund to position your business for future growth
- Advisory services from George Brown Fashion Exchange
Your business focuses on:
Examples: Reduce environmental impact, longer lasting products, bio-fabrics, textile tracing technology for supply chain transparency, textile recycling.
Examples: Reduction in water usage, detoxification of water streams, reduction in microplastics.
Examples: Reduce water and/or energy, new applications (e.g. lumber), reduction of life-cycle impact via new design processes, 3D technology, high-tech printing.
Examples: Innovations to handle textile waste, mechanical and chemical recycling technology, new product development from waste (textile or other material).
Criteria for application
You must be
- A Canadian business
- At entry level stage or idea stage (if far along in proof of concept)
- A technology or innovation (this is not a fashion design competition)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 30, 2018