- This event has passed.
Legal Boot Camp
April 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Whether you want to start a business, or you’re already operating a business, you’re bound to come across legal questions: Do I need to incorporate? Should I trademark my name? Are contracts really that important? How do I prepare proper invoices? What should I do when leasing space for my business? Educating yourself and knowing the answers to these questions is important to the operation of your business.
With this seminar, we will offer answers to many of these legal questions and more. Participants will gain a better understanding of general legal concepts as well as a strong ability to identify legal issues before they become real problems. We will review:
- Business Structures: Choosing between incorporation, partnership, and sole proprietorship.
- Contracts: Identifying key terms and provisions.
- Shareholders Agreements: What they do and why your business may need one.
- Invoicing: What you need to include to ensure your invoices are enforceable.
- Intellectual Property: Using copyrights, trademarks, and patents to protect your brand and information.
- Hiring Employees and Contractors: The critical differences between employees and contractors.
- Small Claims Litigation: Where to go to enforce your contracts when necessary.
- Entering into a Commercial Lease: The critical terms and provisions to consider before entering a lease.
- Legal Resources: Helpful resources to learn more about legal issues for small businesses.
Once you have completed this seminar, we will have taken the mystery out of legal issues and will have provided practical solutions to directly implement towards your business.