- This event has passed.
Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2018
February 13, 2018
Applications are open for Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2018. The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for student entrepreneurs who actively run a business. EO GSEA nominees compete in qualifying competitions for the chance to advance to the Global Finals, held in April 2018 in Toronto, Canada.
With more than 2,000 competitors from more than and 56 countries, EO GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses! The local chapters of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) will host live competitions at the local and/or national level, which will serve as a qualifying event for GSEA Finals in Toronto, Canada, 14-17 April 2018.
Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services, and will vary by location.
- At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$20,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Toronto, Canada.
- Second place will receive US$10,000
- Third place will receive US$5,000.
- Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
What students gain:
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Did we mention PRIZES? The Global Finals competition awards a total of US$50,000, plus donated business products and services, including Web services, printing, PR, consulting and more!
- You must be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate* student at the time of application. Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- The age cap for participation is 35 years of age.
*Graduate students are eligible to apply only if they have continually enrolled in a university following their undergraduate degree and not left school to work on their business or to seek other employment. Exceptions can be made for students who have taken up to 12 months’ break before beginning their postgraduate education.
Road to the Global Finals
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate* college/university student with a company: operating for at least 6 months with at least $500 in generated revenue.
- You apply and compete in a local competition.
- You win a national competition.
- You advance to the GSEA Finals with 50 of the world’s best student entrepreneurs.
- Win the award and become a rockstar business and more!
Eligible Regions: Open for All.