All Events › Cooperathon 2019 Launch
- This event has passed.
Cooperathon 2019 Launch
July 3 @ 5:45 pm - 9:00 pmFree
COOPERATHON 2019 LAUNCH EVENT
About this Event
To all aspiring entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and all change-makers, willing to make a difference in Fintech, Health, Education, Environment, Energy and Agriculture!
This information session on the Coopérathon 2019 is for you: come and discover the biggest open innovation competition in Canada, meet our partners, be inspired by some challenges, and meet and network with like minded potential participants!
- 5:45 pm Doors open
- 6:00 pm Welcome & Presentation of Cooperathon 2019
- 6:30 pm Presentation of the partners
- 6:45 pm Participants Testimonials
- 6:55 pm Open-mic for presenting challenges & ideas & projects
- 7:15 pm Ideation and networking
- 8.30 pm End of the info-session
Come learn about Cooperathon and how you can participate in one of the worlds biggest design centric events that is designed to support the growth of entrepreneurs and people who wish to develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Cooperathon is a platform connecting partners with the objective to support entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and general citizens to collaborate and build solutions to problems in different domains. It is an international Open Innovation competition that connects citizens, communities, entrepreneurs, researchers, academics and large institutions to develop, together, a socially responsible future.
Inspired by the well-known Google Design Sprint, participants join to a 25-days marathon, which includes workshops and teamwork on Saturdays, as well as specialized sessions and follow-ups on weeknights: dozens of hours of optional but strongly recommended training!
Who can participate ?
- Anyone 18+
- Students & Professionals & Citizens
Which are the tracks of the Cooperathon?
Environment – Health – Education – Finance – Energy – Agriculture
Where can I find more information about the Cooperathon ?
When the registration will be opened ?
June 1st, 2019
What are the registration fees?
The price is not yet fixed. (Usually around 50$, per individual. This covers the workshops in October and regional competition in the beginning of November.)
Note : all the registration fees are donated to a non-profit.
Where the Cooperathon will take place ?
In diverse cities in Canada and internationally.
In ONTARIO, the Cooperathon events and workshop will take place in :
What is the general agenda of the Cooperathon in Ontario ?
- April – September : diverse design jams and other types of events
- October :
- 2nd – 3rd National Launch of the Cooperathon (in Montreal) (free transportation will be offered from Toronto, limited places)
- 5th – 30th Workshops in Toronto and Waterloo
- November :
- 3rd: Regional pitch competition : In Toronto, for Ontario teams
- 20th: National pitch competition : In Montreal, for Canadian finalist teams
How do I stay informed about the Cooperathon activities (April – September)?
Join the Slack channel to engage with the community of people that would love to work on their ideas and solve problems in Health, Education, Environment, Finance, Energy and Agriculture.