- This event has passed.
CNE Innovation Garage
August 19, 2016 @ 10:00 am - August 21, 2016 @ 10:00 pm
An exciting new showcase for the latest & greatest consumer products complete with a Pitch Competition and an Innovative Playground where CNE visitors can interact with inventors and their innovations!
The Pitch Competition
Ontario’s brightest young innovators converge onstage in The Garage to pitch their cutting edge inventions, as they compete for prize money and in-kind services.
3 Days (August 19, 20 & 21, 2016)
2 Sessions Daily @ 12:30 & 3 pm with the face-off between category winners taking place on Sunday, August 21 @ 5:30 pm
- Agri-tech & Food Tech – Friday, August 19 @ 12:30 pm
- Bio-tech – Friday, August 19 @ 3 pm
- Lifestyle Innovation – Saturday, August 20 @ 12:30 pm
- Social Innovation – Saturday, August 20 @ 3 pm
- Virtual/Augmented Reality – Sunday, August 21 @ 12:30 pm
25 Competitors; 5 per category
3 Minutes per pitch
The Innovation Playground
- Talks by Innovation Influencers
- Interactive experiences for CNE visitors
- Inventor Meet & Greets
- Exhibit Space showcasing new consumer products and services
- Sponsor and Partner activations
There will be a prize package of $5,000 for each of the above categories.
Winners of each category will compete in the finals for the top prize of $25,000 cash, on Sunday, August 21 at 5:30 pm!
How to Enter
Eligible contestants must meet the following criteria:
- Co-founder of their company or hold key position and between 18-34 years old
- Company must be incorporated
- Only one entry per company. Company may not submit multiple entries to different categories
- Company is actively engage with a Campus-linked Accelerator, On-Campus Entrepreneurship Activities
- Company must have at least a functional prototype of their product/service
Along with your entry form, a YouTube video link must be submitted at the same time as your entry. When preparing your YouTube video, make sure to insert “CNE Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition 2016” in the title of the video as well as your name. Videos not properly labelled may not be considered.
Before applying, ensure you read the Terms & Conditions.
Entry forms must be received by 11:59 pm on June 25, 2016.
Click here to apply for the CNE’s Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition!