- This event has passed.
CNE Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition
August 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 20, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Canada’s brightest young innovators converge in The Garage over three days (August 18 – 20) to pitch their cutting edge inventions, as they compete for prize money and in-kind services.
The Pitch Competition Categories
- Agri-Tech and Food-Tech (August 18 @ 1 pm) – This category focuses on advancements in the agriculture field, including everything from farm to table.
- Biotech and Health Tech (August 18 @ 2:30 pm) – This category focuses on advancement in the biological and medical fields with an emphasis on health and innovations that can benefit our aging society, and can increase accessibility.
- Lifestyle Innovation (August 18 @ 4 pm) – This category is a broad overview of any and all innovations that make a mark on everyday life, from automated cars to wearable technology and everything in between.
- Social Innovation (August 18 @ 5:30 pm) – This category will explore innovations in education, philanthropy, and culture.
- Virtual/Augmented Reality Innovation (August 19 @ 1 pm) – This category will feature innovations that utilize virtual or augmented reality.
- Women Entrepreneurs (August 19 @ 2:30 pm) – This category will feature start-ups founded and primarily run by women.
- Fintech (August 19 @ 4 pm)- This category features innovations that leverage financial technology.
- Cleantech (August 19 @ 5:30 pm) – This category will feature innovations of clean technology and sustainability.
Top winners of each category will compete in the Ontario Semi-Finals on August 20 @ 2:30 for the chance to compete in the National Finals. The National Finals will be held @5:30 pm on August 20 for the chance to win the top prize of $25,000.00!
New this year!
The CNE Innovation Garage will hit the road before the 2017 CNE and will have a satellite Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition at K-days (TEC Pavilion) in Edmonton, Alberta from July 21-23, 2017!
The Alberta Pitch Competition Categories
- Lifestyle Innovation (July 21, 2017) – This category is a broad overview of any and all innovations that make a mark on everyday life, from automated cars to wearable technology and everything in between including those items that benefit health and well-being.
- Social Innovation (July 21, 2017) This category will explore innovations in education, philanthropy, and culture.
- Agri-Tech and Food-Tech (July 22, 2017) – This category focuses on advancements in the agriculture field, including everything from farm to table.
- Virtual/Augmented Reality Innovation (July 22, 2017) – This category will feature innovations that utilize virtual or augmented reality.
Alberta Semi-Finals will be on July 23, 2017
How to Enter:
- Complete the entry form found here: https://oce.formstack.com/forms/cnepitch2017 and forward it to the CNE Innovation Garage: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be eligible for the Alberta regional competition taking place July 21-23 in Edmonton, Alberta,entry forms must be received by 11:59pm on June 3rd, 2017. Contestants will be responsible for their own transportation and accommodation to participate in this event. The top two winners must have availability to attend the national competition in Toronto, Ontario – August 18 -20, 2017.
- To be eligible for the Ontario regional competition taking place August 18-20, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario, entry forms must be received by 11:59pm on June 7th, 2017. Contestants will be responsible for their own transportation and accommodation to participate in this event.
- The administrator, at its sole discretion, may accept or refuse entry forms that are late, incomplete or illegible.
- Along with your entry form, a YouTube video link must be submitted at the same time as your entry. When preparing your YouTube video, make sure to insert “CNE Emerging Innovators Pitch Competition 2017” in the title of the video as well as your name. Videos not properly labelled may not be considered. Details of what to include in your video can be found in the attached entry form.
- The judges will consist of a panel appointed by the administrator. The judges will review all video entries and score them according to our judging criteria.
- Acknowledge that you have read the Terms and Conditions