- This event has passed.
Civic Tech Toronto Hacknight
July 17 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
George Brown will be hosting Civic Tech Toronto on Tuesday, July 17th and August 14th!
These hacknights bring together coders, designers, public servants, planners, students and engaged residents — all interested in using their skills and interest in tech, data and design to address civic issues. They provide a space for community-building, conversation and collaboration on civic tech projects.
Each hack night features a presenter, and time for breakout groups to work on projects. Participants are welcome to start new projects, or work on ones that are already in motion. Some current projects include:
- Budgetpedia: a website making the city budget understandable to all
- DemocracyKit: a toolkit to make it easier to run municipal election campaigns
- Women and Color: a website cataloging women and people of color working in tech
- Bike Parking Project: a project backed by the city aiming to prototype an app that enables bikers to suggest new places for bike parking
- Subway Data Dashboard: a project scraping TTC data and analyzing it for insights into transit performance
- (and others!)
Events are free and everyone is welcome. They start at 6:30pm and end at 9pm.