- This event has passed.
RIC Centre Startup Bootcamp
July 8 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$30 – $50
Join us for a one-day course that emphasizes smart business fundamentals to help kickstart your entrepreneurship journey on the right foot. Startups get a mix of in-class learning, interactive discussion, networking opportunities and experiential exercises.
The morning session will introduce you to business essentials like legal planning, IP strategy and finance essentials. The afternoon will walk you through a startup validation workshop that will inspire a customer-centric design mindset and leave you with tools to help you build products or services that customers will love.
This course is for you if:
-You have a tech-based business
-You’re in the early stages of building a business
-Have a startup idea but aren’t sure what to do next
-Want to learn smart business fundamentals
After attending this, you’ll walk away with:
-A stronger understanding of business management essentials
-Connections to top-tier professional service providers
-Efficient tools to help you build your business model and plan
-Practical customer interview techniques for startups
-Key metrics to help you track the health of your business
Agenda: Morning Session –> 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM// Startup Fundamentals (Legal, IP Strategy, Finance)
- 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM – Arrivals and One Minute Pitches
- 9:00 AM – 9:20 AM – Introductory Remarks
- 9:20 AM – 10:05 AM – Legal Bootcamp (Andrea Brinston and Marissa Mah, Pallet Valo LLP)
- 10:05 AM – 11:00 AM – IP Bootcamp (Stephen Beney and Joanna Ma, Bereskin & Parr LLP)
- 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM – Financial Literacy Bootcamp (Maria da Silva, BDO Canada)
- 11:30 AM- 12:00 PM – Funding Bootcamp (Richard Burdeniuk, BDO Canada)
12:00PM to 1:00PM// Networking Lunch
Afternoon Session –> 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM// Business Model Canvas (Value Proposition and Customer Validation)
- 1:00 PM- 2:00 PM – Value Proposition, Customer Validation and Problem-Solution Fit
- 2:00 PM- 2:50 PM – Value Proposition Design activity
- 2:50 PM- 4:00 PM – Business Model Validation, Product-Market Fit
Only interested in attending the morning or the afternoon session? Good news! You can register for the breakout session of your choice or register for the full day to take advantage of the whole experience!