All Events › Unlock Your Big Idea Pitch Competition
- This event has passed.
Unlock Your Big Idea Pitch Competition
February 1, 2018
The Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE) Partners in Peel are pleased to announce the 3rd annual Unlock Your Big Idea Pitch Competition.
The UYBI Pitch Competition provides entrepreneurs in the West Greater Toronto Area with the opportunity to win a share of funding and mentorship through the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs.
(Plus a bonus 5K for Best Youth-led Startup!)
Applicants can apply to more than one category.
Applicants in this category are driven changemakers, looking to advance social, environmental, or community economic goals via their revenue-generating business.
Applicants in this category have a business idea that involves new technology product development or product improvement. This includes but is not limited to the novel creation, application or improvement of a technology-based business idea in the areas of advanced materials and manufacturing, robotics, engineering, life science, industrial internet of things, information & communications technology, etc.
Applicants in this category are artists, designers, creators, and cultural entrepreneurs. This category is for those who create new cultural products, firms and markets that create new economic and cultural value.
EACH CATEGORY HAS A $10,000 PRIZE!
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Companies must be geographically located in Caledon, Brampton, Mississauga, Etobicoke or Oakville, or be working with entrepreneurship programs at Sheridan, Humber or the University of Toronto Mississauga.
- Must be a registered business in Ontario.
- Priority will be given to companies that have been operating for three years or less.
- Applications must be complete.
- Past applicants to UYBI may apply, but past finalists are ineligible.
- Applicants may enter more than one category. However, should they be selected as a finalist, applicants will only be invited to pitch in the category for which they rank the highest.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $25 is required for each submission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1, 2018
Find out more information here!