OpenEd Hacks: Innovating for Education
January 26 @ 5:00 pm - January 27 @ 9:00 pm
Have an idea that’s going to revolutionize the future of work and learning?
OpenEd Hacks is an innovation challenge dedicated to innovating solutions to reinvent tomorrow’s learning experience through prototyping and design thinking. This represents an opportunity for every educator to improve the education system and every student to challenge the status quo.
Participants are encouraged to tackle challenges at the intersection of education and technology, including but not limited to:
- Access to anywhere-anytime learning that builds creative, computational and collaborative skills
- Developing 21st century competencies i.e. coding, empathy and design principles
- Applying gamification to engage and motivate students in the classroom
- Utilizing data analytics to customize learning
- Using social networking to enhance collaboration
How it Works
Over the course of 12 hours:
1) Form a team: network and collaborate with like-minded people who will help you bring the idea to life
2) Ideate and brainstorm: think up every crazy idea possible, collaborate, and narrow it down
3) Prepare a business plan: identify the problem you’re solving, who your customer is, and how to monetize
4) Design a prototype: visually communicate your solution through a working prototype using some of the best tools in the industry
5) Get mentorship: meet with industry experts to help you with your pitch, business model, and design
6) Prepare a presentation: you’ll have up to 10 slides and 90 seconds to showcase the work you’ve done in the last 12 hours
7) Pitch to a panel of judges: notable founders who can help validate your idea
- USD $3500 App-Scoop Development Services (Landing Page, Prototype Development, Logo Design, Web Page Mockups, 1 Year Web Server Hosting, 4 Hour of App-Scoop Expertise for Product Roadmap & Development)
- 1 Year Scholarship to Launch Academy’s Lean Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program Online Elite (USD $2,388 Value)
- Full access for life to the Foundersuite, a portfolio of management software tools – or “tools to get startup sh*t done” as they like to say.
- 3-month Nudge.ai Premium Membership
- 4-month Incubation Space at Sandbox by DMZ
- $1500 (USD) App-Scoop Development Services (Landing Page, Logo Design, 1 Year Web Server Hosting, 2 Hours of App-Scoop Expertise for Product Roadmap & Development)
- 1 Year Scholarship to Launch Academy’s Lean Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program Plus (USD $1,188 Value)
- 2-month Nudge.ai Premium Membership
- $750 (USD) App-Scoop Development Services (1 Year Web Server Hosting, 1 Hour of App-Scoop Expertise for Product Roadmap & Development)
- 1 Year Scholarship to Launch Academy’s Lean Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program Basic (USD $588 Value)
- 1-month Nudge.ai Premium Membership
Every attendee at ProtoHack receives a full list of prizes regardless of placing in the top three.
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE!