FREE legal help is available for start-ups, small businesses, entrepreneurs, artists, arts organizations, charities and non profits.
Our Corporate Pro Bono Clinic helps eligible applicants navigate the complexities of conducting business in Ontario.
Apply online at ProBonoOntario.
For more information or to book an appointment, email corporate@ProBonoOntario.org or call 416-597-0770 x 930
1. START-UPS, ENTREPRENEURS, SMALL BUSINESSES, IMMIGRANT ENTREPRENEURS.
- General legal information on business structure
- Advice on incorporating and partnership agreements
- Reviewing commercial leases, contracts, and employment agreements
- Advice on brand protection and intellectual property issues
- Information on insurance and by-law implications
- Legal advice on Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
2. NON-PROFITS AND CHARITIES
- Advice and assistance on employment issues such as contract reviews, personnel manuals and terminations
- Commercial contract reviews (leases, partnership or sponsorship agreements)
- Board governance training and support
- Help developing privacy policies and protocols.
- Reviewing incorporation or charitable status applications
3. INDEPENDENT ARTISTS AND ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
- Incorporating non-profit arts organizations
- Forming for-profit arts businesses
- Reviewing work-space leases
- Reviewing commercial contracts with galleries, publishers and production companies
- Advice on protecting copyright and patents
- Help recovering unpaid fees.
Pro Bono Ontario (PBO) was founded in 2001 to bridge the gap between lawyers who want to donate their services and low-income Ontarians who have nowhere else to turn. PBO creates and manages programs that enable lawyers to donate their time so that low-income Ontarians can better navigate the justice system, understand their options and resolve their problems. We have helped more than 100,000 clients across Ontario since 2001. To Learn more visit www.pblo.org